Sunday, September 29, 2013

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam: First Stop of A 10-Day Exploration

It was on March 1, 2012 when a memorable ten-day three-country tour kicked off. I was with college friends named Yanyan, Tintin and Felis, Yanyan's fiance. All four of us were based in different countries. Tintin was a consultant in Bangkok, Yanyan and Felis are engineers in Singapore and yours truly is an engineer in the Philippines. Having said that, we decided to meet at Saigon as this was the best point to start our exploration.

The Heat Is On In Saigon

I came in last as Cebu Pacific has only one flight to Ho Chi Minch daily at 2300H so Yanyan, Felis and Tintin already started shopping around Saigon. Saigon is the former name of Ho Chi Minh and couldnt agree more to the Miss Saigon opening song "The Heat Is On In Saigon". It's hotter here than in Manila or anywhere else in the Philippines.

I was fetched by Tintin and her friend and headed to her friend's condo unit where Felis and Yanyan at. A little chat and handing of my pasalubongs took place then we called it a night.

Ho Chi Minh is a developing city. Hence, the trace of yesteryears are still apparent giving it a charming look I myself couldn't resist to love. In the succeeding posts, I will share the highlights of our stay. For the mean time, be satisfied by the following photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment